|If I Stay|
|Genre||Young Adult, Fiction|
In the blink of an eye everything changes. Seventeen year-old Mia has no memory of the accident; she can only recall what happened afterwards, watching her own damaged body being taken from the wreck. Little by little she struggles to put together the pieces- to figure out what she has lost, what she has left, and the very difficult choice she must make. Heartwrenchingly beautiful, Mia's story will stay with you for a long, long time.
- Mia Hall: the protagonist of the story. Mia is quiet, kind and very musically gifted. Above all things, she loves her family, her cello and her friends. Mia struggles with belonging, often feeling like she is out of place next to her rock and roll, rebellious family and boyfriend. She recently begins to view her heritage with a tiny degree of doubt, due to her lack of similarities in character and demeanor.
- Adam: is Mia's boyfriend. He is said to be very handsome, and loves music. He plays guitar and sings for his band "Shooting Star". Adam adores Mia very much.
- Kim Schein: Kim is Mia's best friend. They are said to be very alike and are perceived as "dark and studious"—assumptions that often work to their advantage. Kim is sarcastic, and obedient to her emotional mother. She and Mia are inseparable, which becomes apparent by the amount of devotion she shows to getting Adam in to see Mia, though they have never liked each other, as is seen countless times in flashbacks.
- Teddy Hall: Teddy is Mia's little brother. Mia is extremely fond of Teddy, saying he is like her own kid. Teddy admires Mia and the two are very close. Throughout the book, Mia worries the most about Teddy, as it is unclear at first to whether or not he has died alongside her parents in the accident.
- Kat Hall: Mia's mother is a "tough as nails, tender as kittens." She loves rock and her family. She is sometimes protective and is fiercely loyal. She has previously had issues with Mia's love for classical music, but accepts it as part of Mia's life. She is not the cook of the family.
- Denny Hall: Mia's father is quite rebellious but is also mature. He steps up to be father and eventually gives up his band in favor of teaching. He is hesitant to admit that he still likes the thought of the band. Both of Mia's parents approve and even love Mia's boyfriend Adam.
- Coming Soon